Kim Myeong-min becomes pregnant man

Important MMI announcements & latest KMM news, please read! / 请阅读, 重要的公告!

Kim Myeong-min becomes pregnant man

Postby alisha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 04:25

Kim Myeong-min Becomes Pregnant Man

Kim Myeong-min becomes a pregnant man this time according to some movie makers although he's due to sign his contract soon.

"Labor Summons" deals with a subject of a pregnant man. Expectations are high towards Kim Myeong-min as he successfully completed the comedy "Detective K". His decision to star in this drama had everything to do with his bond with director Lee Kyu-man who is known for his talent in human comedy. They worked on "Return" in the past.

"Labor Summons" is looking forward to filming early this July. Kim Myeong-min is also scheduled to star in the movie "Himalaya".

source: http://www.hancinema.net/kim-myeong-min ... 55341.html
Last edited by beekay on Thu Apr 25, 2013 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made into Global announcement
alisha

MMI Member Number: 677

Re: Kim Myeong-min becomes pregnant man

Postby Luna » Thu Apr 25, 2013 05:09

Hi, alisha

Thank you so much for the English topic :hello:
Wow, KMM becomes pregnant. I am so suprised. :o :shock: :roll: :? :D :mrgreen: :lol:
Fighting!!  Luna
Luna

MMI Member Number: 292

Postby beekay » Thu Apr 25, 2013 08:38

Thank you for the Article, alisha!
So Labor Summons is KMM's new project, as officially confirmed by MMEnter! :D

Now, this should make for some very interesting "Cast&Crew" presents to KMM! :mrgreen: :twisted: :rollinglol:
Of all the thing I've ever lost, I miss my MIND the most! :)
beekay

MMI Member Number: 2

Postby zunco » Thu Apr 25, 2013 15:02

alisha, Thank you for the news :hello:

KMM doesn't select a normal role :!: :mrgreen:
But I'm looking forward to watching his pregnant shape :D
with love, zunco
zunco

MMI Member Number: 598

Postby alisha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 18:42

Another news of his 'Labor Summons'.... :love:

Kim Myung Min Expected To Play Pregnant Man

When Kim Myung Min filmed "King of Dramas," the shooting schedule was so intense that he lost 10 pounds. But for his next drama, "Labor Summons," he could be asked to gain almost 25 pounds. That weight gain might be called baby weight because the character he is considering playing is a pregnant man.

That's right, a pregnant man, but the hardworking actor is obviously up to a challenge and can live up to the most exacting drama filming requirements. When he was working on "King of Dramas," the schedule only permitted him three hours of sleep a night and working such long hours inevitably resulted in weight loss.

"It was not intentional," said Kim. "It just happened."

It was not the first time that playing a drama role resulted in weight loss for Kim. In 2001, he lost more than 20 pounds while playing a character dying of Lou Gehrig's Disease in "My Love by My Side." That effort earned him a Best Actor Award in the Daejong Film Awards but it took a while to gain the weight back.

The exhausting 2012 "King of Dramas" was a comeback drama for Kim who had not been on television since his popular hit, "Beethoven Virus" in 2008. "King of Dramas" told the story of a drama production CEO known to produce blockbuster dramas and Hallyu stars. But in exposing the harsh realities of drama filming, the drama's exacting schedules also took their toll on Kim's health.

Playing a pregnant character will hopefully be kinder to Kim's health. Since men can't actually get pregnant, the weight he will be asked to gain for "Labor Summons" will probably just require strapping on a false baby bump.

He is a master of disguise. In his last comedy, "Detective K," he played a Joseon-era detective investigating a series of murders that lead to the uncovering of a massive conspiracy. His role in that film was well reviewed.

His decision to star in the drama "Labor Summons" has a lot to do with his admiration for the director Lee Kyu Man. Lee is known for his comedic talent although the film that the two worked together in 2007 was far from a comedy. The film, "Return," explored what happened when inadequate anesthesia results in a boy waking up during his own heart surgery. After the surgery, the trauma he experiences is blamed for his decision to murder a young girl. In that film, Kim played a doctor.

In his next film, he may wind up on the delivery table. "Labor Summons" will begin filming in July.

source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/926 ... nt-man.htm
alisha

Postby may7 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 08:32

Alisa, thanks for the detailed write up !! :kiss: :rose:

worry if he do gain weight in July progressinly, how is he going to loss weight fast enough to climb Himalaya in Oct !!! it will be another stress on him ... his is not made of rubber, he just cant expend and contract whenver wherever he wish !!?? :mrgreen: :lol:

just wonder, will he be wearing something 'looks like' instead of actually putting on lots of weight !? Eddy Murphy do wear one, right !? :roll: :huh:

he excites & get his fans worry tremendously ... I just love this man helplessly !! haha!! :love: :ballon:
may7

MMI Member Number: 184

Postby beekay » Fri Apr 26, 2013 13:39

He's not getting "fat", really. He will be 76kg at the end, at a height of 180cm...
Also, once he starts climbing in the mountains, he'll burn so much energy, that his should be back to his underweight of 64kg at 180cm in no time...

He couldn't gain the weight to be really "fat" in such a short time, but there are pretty usefull "baby bump suits" he can wear. ;-)
beekay

Postby alisha » Thu May 23, 2013 01:48

News! KMM co-star

[Exclusive] Go Joon Hee to Star in Movie as Kim Myung Min′s Lover
Go Joon Hee is soon to be cast as Kim Myung Min′s lover in his upcoming film.

According to officials on May 23, Go Joon Hee is currently in final talks with producers on her appearance in Kang Ho′s Birthgiving.

The film, directed by Lee Gyu Man of the film Return, is a comedy about a man who becomes pregnant. Kim Myung Min will be starring as Kang Ho, the detective who suddenly becomes pregnant.

Go Joon Hee will appear as Kang Ho′s long-time lover Ji Eun. The kindergarten teacher Ji Eun is warm and feminine, but she also has a strong side to her.

Fans and officials are anticipant on whether Go Joon Hee will continue her successful streak with films and dramas on the silver screen.

The actress will join shoots for Kang Ho′s Birthgiving after she finishes shooting another film, The Night Before the Wedding (working title). Kang Ho′s Birthgiving will start shooting in July.

Photo credit: enews DB
alisha

Postby koguma » Tue May 28, 2013 02:25

Today, I have contacted MM entertainment about KMM's new movie. :typing:

MMenter, KMM's management said that ...

Many casting have almost finished.
But, we can not announce them yet. Next time, I would be able to tell you about them.
KMM's new movie wil be decided to start the filming on end of Jun.

Now! Let's start the new movie cheering! :cheer: :cheer:
koguma
koguma

MMI Member Number: 461

Postby may7 » Wed May 29, 2013 07:06

Koguma
thanks for update!
beyond my imagination of KMM pregnant & deliver !! :mrgreen: :lol:
waiting for your announcement :cheer:

have you any plan to organize the gift/present for the cast & crew!? :huh:
if yes, how are you going to deliver this time!?

I have translate Bee's article & posted to the Chinese forum for suggestiong/ideas, if they wish to present send together with MMI, what should we advise them ... ???
may7

Postby beekay » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08

Dear koguma,

thank you for getting the information from Mr Manager! :rose:

@may, Cast&Crew will be organized by me, it seems. :) Of course, anyone of our members is free to organize / help organize the event. :dokkidokki:

However, if Japanese fan cafe & Chinese fan cafe want to organize something by themselves there are two options:
a) each group will send their own presents to MMEnter
b) someone will be the "gathering point", and send the presents to MMEnter.
Of course, if anyone is going to visit Korea, the presents might be delivered in person...
beekay

Postby mioka » Sat Jun 08, 2013 15:37

Ohh, no, no, no , please, stay a man !

It is disgusting, a pregnant man... :chide:
mioka
First Steps
First Steps

MMI Member Number: 729

Postby beekay » Mon Jun 10, 2013 06:43

Dear mioka,

welcome to MMI! :D
You're our first member from Hungary!
How did you find out about Kim Myung Min?

We are currently preparing a Cast&Crew greetings project for the movie.
Do you want to join?
beekay

Postby mioka » Mon Jun 10, 2013 21:57

Hi, Beekay, and everybody, thank you! :dokkidokki:

There are some thousands korea drama fan in Hungary..after watching lot of korean dramas, I just klicked on the "you are beautiful" and I found this Jang Geun Sok guy and followed him until the Beethoven virus where I became aware of Ming, and then began to follow him. I watched the Dramaking and just finished the Bad family. Now I am watching detective K...I see that there is a list enough long to see...I maybe I finish when the Himalaya would be ready :)

Now I see that he has quite a good sense of humor also, so maybe the pregnant Ming would be rather funny but I saw Arnold Schwartzenegger as pregnant and he was so disgusting for me that I could not watch that film :mrgreen:

And I would not like if I could not watch Ming anymore :) :concert:
mioka
First Steps
First Steps

MMI Member Number: 729

Postby may7 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 09:23

Hi Mioka
welcome on board !! :rose:

Arnold Schwartzenegger is in no way compare to our guy - KMM ... :mrgreen:
not be surprised, KMM was recruited as a comedian in 1996 ... :roll:
so, I am sure he will bring lots of joys to us in this coming comedy :mrgreen: :D
may7

Next

Return to MMI Announcements & KMM News - 公告 - MMIからのお知らせとミョンミンさんのニュース