[Movie] Kim Myung Min to Star in ′Himalayas′

[Movie] Kim Myung Min to Star in ′Himalayas′

Postby alisha » Wed Apr 03, 2013 08:01

Kim Myung Min to Star in ′Himalayas′ as Um Hong Gil

Kim Myung Min will be returning to the big screen again as Um Hong Gil, the famed mountain climber.
According to officials on April 3, Kim Myung Min confirmed he would appear in the film Himalayas (tentative title).
It will be his first film in six months following Spy.
Himalayas will be based on a true story about how Um Hong Gil climbed Mount Everest in order to collect the body of his junior, the late Park Moo Taek, in 2005.
His determination to find his friend had drawn great attention and praise at the time, even bringing his team to be dubbed the ′Humane Expedition′.
Kim Myung Min will be playing Um Hong Gil himself.
A source close to Kim Myung Min commented, "He has decided on Himalayas as his next piece. We expect it to be a great film as it is based on a touching true story."
JK Film, which previously released such hits as Haeundae, Dancing Queen and Quick, will be producing the film, with director Kang Dae Gyu of Harmony in the lead.
Producers will actually be visiting Nepal in order to catch its grand snowy mountains on film.
Filming will start in October with a premiere planned for 2014.

Source: http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/con ... xType=News
Last edited by beekay on Wed Apr 03, 2013 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Global announcement
alisha

MMI Member Number: 677

Re: [Movie] Kim Myung Min to Star in ′Himalayas′

Postby beekay » Wed Apr 03, 2013 09:22

Thank you for your news search, alisha! This is great news. :)
Of all the thing I've ever lost, I miss my MIND the most! :)
beekay

MMI Member Number: 2

Postby Mingmingbaibai09 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 23:49

http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/ ... id=2969563

Kim Myung-min considering role in “Himalayas”
Apr 04,2013

Kim Myung-min is debating whether to take a lead role in a new movie named “Himalayas,” despite the local media reports earlier yesterday that said he had already accepted the offer to take the role.

The movie’s production team explained that officials there did send Kim a copy of the film’s scenario and people related to Kim said that they feel positive about Kim taking the role.

The team said that more details need to be discussed to finalize Kim’s appearance.

The movie is based on the real story of renowned mountain climber Um Hong-gil. Um climbed Mount Everest to recover the body of late climber Park Mu-taek as Park died during a climb there in 2005.

Kim has been offered to play Um’s character in the film.

The movie, after the cast is finalized, plans to start shooting in the second half of this year.

By Lee Sun-min [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]
Mingmingbaibai09

MMI Member Number: 31

Postby Mingmingbaibai09 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 23:56

the whole world is waiting,

playing-min-yes, playing-min-not
playing-min-yes, playing-min-not
--------------------------------------
:rollinglol: :rollinglol: :rollinglol: :rollinglol:
Mingmingbaibai09

MMI Member Number: 31

Postby alisha » Thu Apr 04, 2013 00:46

Many news about KMM lately.... I wish he take the role. It's a touching story and I think I will love to see the movie....

Kim Myung Min in The Talks to Act in Movie “Himalayas”

Actor Kim Myung Min is positivetly thinking on his next role in movie “Himalayas.”
On April 3rd, the movie company revealed that the had sent the script over to the actor, but despite reports by the media, the actor has not officially taken the role.
Earlier in the day, various media reported that the actor have decided to take the role in the movie “Himalayas” (tentative title) that will talk about real life mountain climber Um Hong Gil. if Kim Myung Min accepts will play the role of Um Hong Gil.
The movie produced by JK Film and directed by Kang Dae Kyu who directed the 2012 movie “Harmony” will be about famous mountain climber Um Hong Gil, who gained national attention by climbing the Himalayas to collect the body of his junior climber Park Mu Taek who died in 2005.
The agency also revealed that there tings and many details to discuss with the actor for him to accept the role, but they feel positive about about casting the actor.
The movie will finalize its casting in the upcoming months, and willl start shooting in October, and will aim for a release in early 2014.
Meanwhile, the actor last met his fans with the SBS drama "The King of Dramas" where he played the role of Anthony Kim. The director of a famous drama production company.

source:http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/9013/20130403/kim-myung-min-talks-act-movie-himalayas.htm
alisha

Postby beekay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 07:02

Ladies, koguma contacted the management about the news, and it is not yet confirmed that he takes the role. He's considering to take the role, but it's not "signed and stamped". Please be patient until we receive news from MMEnter that KMM will film the movie. :dokkidokki:

@mingbai, thank you for the article! I am already wondering what we will do for cast&crew presents project! :lol:

@alisha, thank you for finding all these great articles! :D Do you want to join our news team? :)
Of all the thing I've ever lost, I miss my MIND the most! :)
beekay

MMI Member Number: 2

Postby alisha » Fri Apr 05, 2013 15:01

beekay wrote:Ladies, koguma contacted the management about the news, and it is not yet confirmed that he takes the role. He's considering to take the role, but it's not "signed and stamped". Please be patient until we receive news from MMEnter that KMM will film the movie. :dokkidokki:

@mingbai, thank you for the article! I am already wondering what we will do for cast&crew presents project! :lol:

@alisha, thank you for finding all these great articles! :D Do you want to join our news team? :)

Hi beekay....
I'd love to. Thank you for this great opportunity.... I will help our members to update KMM news
So, what should I do and how to join news team?

Thank you
alisha

Postby may7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 13:00

@mingbai - thanks for the news :ballon:
this is a challenging & tough role, think KMM will take the challenge! ;)
if so, another torturing actor and tons of worrying fans out there ... :(
hope he dont ask to climb to the top :roll:

@alisha - thanks for the news on Himalayas - KMM in blue with his radiant smile is awsome !

@bee - Jacky555@kimo is also helping in finding/translate news to Chinese, hope we can also invite her to join in news team :ballon:
may7

MMI Member Number: 184

Postby mioka » Sat Jun 08, 2013 15:27

I would be glad to see Ming Myung in this role. If there is no chance to catch cold or some injuries during filming.

My country, Hungary, has just lost 2 climbers on Kancsendzönga when coming down after reaching the peak. One had one artificial leg, because he injured his leg 3 years ago in avalanche and let it cut because he wanted more climbing. Climbcolic. He was 45, and came back after his accident and climbed with the artificial leg last year in Himalaya a peak over 8000m. His younger co-climber was only 25. He should not have died if he did not return to help the elder. But he was too young and warmhearted.
They climbed without oxygene and sherpas. It is silly.

Once I would like to see also this story in a film...

But , until it realized, it would be wonderful to see this film with Ming Myung. Perhaps in 3D? :roll:
mioka
First Steps
First Steps

MMI Member Number: 729

Return to Frontpage-News - 首页-新闻